First Deputy Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council Stepan Havrysh has said that a statement by the Russian Prosecutor's Office Investigative Committee is "provocation."
“Apparently, the statement by the investigative committee was quite
an expected step in a number of provocative steps addressed and aimed
against Ukraine,” he told Interfax-Ukraine on Tuesday.
Havrysh said that Ukraine had already checked these accusations.
“In response to statements from Russian politicians and government
agencies, first and foremost, from the [Russian] Foreign Ministry, we
quite thoroughly studied the possible participation of Ukrainian
citizens siding with Georgia in a military conflict between Russia and
Georgia, and also conducted comprehensive checks on all of our military
contracts with Georgia,” he said.
He said that Ukraine had sent documents to Russia proving that the
former had adopted an absolutely neutral position during the
Russian-Georgian military conflict.