Justice Minister of Ukraine Mykola Onischuk forecasts that any decision on the privatization of OJSC Odesa Port-Side Chemical Plant will be accompanied by long court procedures.
“Obviously, the court procedures will be multilevel. This means that
on the one hand the state will protect its own interests, but on the
other hand – business will try to find out the truth. Or course, it is
necessary to prepare for the consideration of appeals and cassations,”
the minister said during his working visit to Khmelnytsk region on
Friday.
At the same time, Onischuk doesn’t exclude that consideration of the
case on Odesa Port-Side Plant will last until the elections.
Moreover, according to him, the prosecutor office should give its
own legal assessment of the competition for the privatization of Odesa
Port-Side Plant.
As reported, earlier on September 29, Nortima offered UAH 5 billion
for the plant. The tender commission refused to declare Nortima the
winner and announced that the tender had failed. SPF Acting Head Dmytro
Parfenenko said the price offered was too little and the participants
in the tender were suspected of collusion. Ukrainian Premier Yulia
Tymoshenko expressed the same opinion.
The State Property Fund announced the tender on July 15, 2009. The starting price was UAH 4 billion.