You're reading: Defense Ministry verifies if Kremlin-backed militants prepare attacks on Ukraine territory – Poltorak

The Defense Ministry is verifying whether the militants prepare attacks on the Ukrainian territory so that to be ready to respond to any actions, Ukrainian Defense Minister Stepan Poltorak has said.

“As for the possible terrorists’ attack, it is too early to talk about that. This information hasn’t been confirmed so far,” the minister told the journalists on Wednesday.

According to him, Ukraine can expect anything at all from Russia’s Armed Forces and militants. “It’s important that Armed Forces to be ready for any kind of developments,” head of the ministry said.

In addition, Poltorak assured that there would be an immediate reaction in case of any actions of militants and Russian troops.

As reported, the National Security and Defense Council (NSDC) neither confirms nor denies the information from social networks that Russia is preparing an attack on Ukrainian soil next Sunday. “We can’t predict when. We must be ready all the time,” NSDC Spokesman Andriy Lysenko said at a briefing in Kyiv on Nov. 13.