MANILA, Aug 23 (Reuters) - A sacked Philippine police officer has taken control of a tourist bus in central Manila, the police chief of the national capital region told DZBB radio station ON Monday.
The radio station said 25 foreign tourists, including some children, and three Filipinos were on the bus when a heavily-armed man boarded.
Metro Manila police chief Leocadio Santiago said gunman was believed to a former police officer who had been dismissed from the force.
Police have ringed the bus at Luneta Park.