You're reading: North Korea says to sever factory link if South begins propaganda

SEOUL, May 26 (Reuters) - North Korea said on Wednesday it would cut off a road link across its heavily armed border with the South if Seoul began propaganda broadcasts, threatening to hold up the movement of people and goods to and from a joint factory park.

The message was in a notice from the North Korean military to the South and carried by the North’s KCNA news agency.

South Korea plans to begin loudspeaker broadcasts directed at the North that had been suspended for six years as part of a response to its conclusion that Pyongyang was behind a torpedo attack on a South Korean battleship in March that killed 46.

Hundreds of South Koreans cross the border to enter the Kaesong industrial park in the North on a typical day.