LUHANSK – Observers from the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) have recorded 341 civilian deaths in Donbas since the beginning of this year, OSCE SMM Principal Deputy Chief Monitor Alexander Hug said at a press briefing in Luhansk.
From Jan. 1 to this day, the mission recorded 341 deaths among the civilian population, which number is 37 percent higher than the number of victims in the same period last year, Hug said.
The OSCE Luhansk team recorded seven fatalities among civilians in Luhansk in the past month, he said.
The hostilities have a negative impact on the civilian infrastructure in Donbas, Hug said.
Locally, the SMM facilitates the establishment of smaller-scale ceasefire regimes to allow repairs of life support systems, particularly public water supply systems, Hug said.