You're reading: Naftogaz executive director Vitrenko completes work in company

Former director of business development and Executive Director of Naftogaz Ukrainy Yuriy Vitrenko has completed his work in the company.

“Friends, today is my last day at Naftogaz Ukrainy,” he wrote on his Facebook page on Thursday evening, July 16.

“Leaving a lot of work in Naftogaz (and money from Gazprom, the direction for which I was responsible), I want to wish the management of the company and the government sufficient competence and decency to use them for the benefit of Ukrainian citizens,” he said.

As reported, Vitrenko started holding the high management positions in Naftogaz in 2014.

From the end of 2018, significant contradictions began to arise between him and the Head of the board of Naftogaz, Andriy Kobolev, with whom they had previously worked, including works outside Naftogaz. According to Vitrenko, they concerned the depth of the company’s transformation and personnel policy.

In the middle of May 2020, Vitrenko said that he had received a warning regarding the redundancy from his position in the company and dismissal in two months.

Naftogaz Ukrainy unites the largest oil and gas companies in the country. It is a monopoly in the storage of natural gas in underground storage facilities, as well as in the transportation of oil by pipeline throughout the country.