You're reading: Ukrainian Defense Ministry: Situation near Zholobok stabilized

The situation in the vicinity of the village of Zholobok, Luhansk region, where a Ukrainian serviceman was killed and eight others were injured on June 7 has stabilized, Ukrainian Defense Ministry spokesperson Oleksandr Motuzianyk said.

“As for the current situation, it has somewhat stabilized there: it is quiet there so far. We have recorded only eight hostile armed provocations since the morning today in the entire Donbas zone,” he said at a press briefing in Kyiv on June 8.

The village of Zholobok is situated in the Slovianoserbsk district, Luhansk region, northeast of the town of Kyrovsk. It is controlled by the Russia-backed separatists. The disengagement line of forces in Donbas runs along the north-western and northern outskirts of the village.