You're reading: Media reports 3 out of 26 people detained for plotting mass riots in Belarus released

Three out of the 26 people detained on suspicion of plotting mass riots in Belarus have been released, the Belarusian media said.

“Sergei Barstok, one of those implicated in the case, has been released. There have been reports that, in addition to Barstok, two more people detained in this case have been released,” the BelaPAN private news agency said with reference to social activist Nina Shidlovskaya.

The Belarusian State Security Committee (KGB) refrained from comments on this information.

As reported, on March 23, the Belarusian KGB detained 26 activists of the White Legion and the Young Front on suspicion of preparations for participation in mass disturbances.

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko said earlier that he suspected some force, “the fifth column,” of attempts to destabilize the situation and start a color revolution in the country.